: a sheet of dried pureed fruit
: a light meal : food eaten between regular meals; also : food suitable for snacking. (see below)
- Protein – at least 7 grams (nuts, nut butter, seeds, yogurt, kefir, beans)
- Fiber – at least 3 grams (fruit, veggies, whole grains)
Fruit leather is made from pureed fruit that is dehydrated with the end result of a chewy fiber-filled snack. It is the perfect platform for practicing intuitive cooking. Try choosing different fruits, flavors, oils and sweeteners below. You may also experiment adding protein into your fruit leather.
- Maple Syrup
- Blackstrap Molasses
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Pepitas or Sunflower seeds
- Nut Butter
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios (crush)
- 2 cups pureed apples
- 1 cup pureed cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1" ginger root
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Simmer ingredients until juices release from fruit. Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Spread onto parchment paper until you've made a large rectangle. Place in a dehydrator at 135 degrees or oven at 140 degrees for 8 - 12 hours. Cut into 12 stripes, roll in parchment paper + enjoy!
- For a complete snack, pair with 1/4 cup nuts for protein.